Topic: Never build a CAD library part EVER again
About the Speaker: Tom has been involved with PCB library automation since 1982. Over the past 35 years Tom has been on a quest to create a One World PCB Library solution trying to eliminate duplication, insuring accuracy and increasing productivity by auto-generating CAD footprints and 3D STEP models directly from component dimensions. Tom is working with the world Standards Groups helping to transition the electronics industry to the metric measurement system.
Here are some of Tom's career highlights:
*Currently President of PCB Libraries, Inc.
*Recent employers CADPRO, Wind River, PCB Matrix, Valor and Mentor Graphics
*IPC Advanced Certified Designer CID+ and IPC-J-STD-001 CIT trainer
*Won three IPC “Award of Excellence” for contributions to IPC-7351 Standard
*Owned and operated a PCB layout service bureau (CADPRO) for 12 years and developed of over 2,000 PCB designs
* Mastered multiple CAD tools and SolidWorks 3D modeling over his 35-year career
This presentation will discuss the following:
The Library Expert Lite is a free software program with no registration or license required. Just download, install and instantly start creating an unlimited number of IPC-7351 library parts. There are over 100,000 users worldwide and everyone receives free updates, technical support and access to 70 training videos. Library Expert Lite interfaces to 23 CAD tools.
• PCB Libraries is offering free BOM Builder service. Send your Bill of Materials to BOM@pcblibraries.com and within 24 hours the library part data is emailed to you in the neutral FPX file format that can be exported to 23 different CAD tools and high quality 3D STEP models. As part of this service, we query all POD and LEAP data (2 million parts), and build all remaining standard parts for you at no extra cost!
• Read this iConnect007 interview • “Parts on Demand” (POD) currently has over 1 million parts. The POD database is provided at no extra cost to all Library Expert Pro users on a current maintenance plan.
• PCB Libraries is in the process of creating a new LEAP library subscription service. This subscription service will provide more flexible download limits than POD, and include free non-standard unique library part requests (as part of the subscription), with 24-hour turnaround. The LEAP database is growing by thousands of new parts weekly.
• PCB Libraries is developing a new schematic symbol tool to automate symbol creation. Symbol Expert which will be released in Beta June 2017. Symbol Expert will be a free download with no license required for the 6-month Beta Test period. Symbol Expert will be officially released in the totally rewritten V2018 Library Expert Pro.